Three Steps towards Raising Secure Children after Separation
Time & Location
About the Event
If you are thinking about what you can do to support your children through separation - you are in the right place.
Understanding what emotional security is and how you can nurture your children's emotional security will help you feel inspired and confident about supporting your children through separation and beyond.
Most of us have an intuitive understanding about what emotional security is and that is super important. But how does it show up in day-to-day life?
After 60 years of research we know that the more secure children are, the more they are able to:
- Enjoy more happiness with their parents
- Feel less anger at their parents
- Turn to their parents for help when in trouble
- Solve problems on their own
- Get along better with friends
- Have lasting friendships
- Solve problems with friends
- Have better relationships with brothers and sisters
- Have higher self-esteem
- Know that most problems will have an answer
- Trust that good things will come their way
- Trust the people they love
- Know how to be kind to those around them
(Cooper, Hoffman and Powell; Circle of Security International, 2018)
Focusing on emotional security not only help us find useful answers about managing separation, but it can also help us support our children in all of the areas mentioned above as well.
Thanks to the attachment research and the team behind the Circle of Security Parenting, we have a map available to us and step-by-step process we can follow to nurture our children’s emotional security.
In this workshop, we will cover:
- Three steps to raising secure children after separation
- Practical ways of applying these three steps in your day to day parenting
The workshop will be hosted on Zoom. Please note it will not be recorded because of the nature of the confidential space, and participants will need to attend live.
- Admit one :)£27£270£0